PEARLS OF THE SOUTHERN IBERIAN COAST CRUISE SUMMARY
With extended layovers and three overnight stays, this cruise offers plenty of time to explore some of the most traditional and lively cities of southern Iberia, including the world-famous Alhambra Palace, the last Iberian capital of the Moors, or enjoy a guided walk around Málaga, before tasting some local delicacies.
Highlights of Tangier include a visit to the breathtaking Caves of Hercules, once believed to connect Morocco with Gibraltar, or an excursion to the UNESCO World Heritage Medina of Tétouan, on the slopes of Jebel Dersa Mountain, which is one of the most complete holy cities of its kind in North Africa.
Clinging to Spain’s Atlantic coast, the influence of Cádiz has been felt far and wide for over 4,000 years, while legend has it the beautiful and romantic Andalusian capital of Seville was founded some 3,000 years ago by Hercules.
On this cruise you will also have a chance to visit Jerez de la Frontera, for a guided tour around the city, before being invited to visit an authentic bodega to sample some of its most famous export, Sherry.
Don’t miss out on the chance to enjoy a wine tasting session in the cosy coastal town of Portimão. Visit the chic seaside resort town of Estoril, where the iconic casino inspired Ian Fleming’s first James Bond novel. Nestled against the northern slope of the “Serra de Sintra” mountains, Sintra is a picturesque village that is filled with charming narrow roads and lush greenery, then returning to shore, the traditional fishing town of Cascais has been a popular holiday resort for well over a century.
In the Portuguese capital of Lisbon, where the lively blend of culture, history and cuisine is sure to impress, highlights include the historic Belem Quarter, the Belem Tower, the Monument of the Discoveries and the Monastery of Jeronimos.
- Overnight in Lisbon, Cádiz and Málaga
- The UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Alhambra, Tétouan and Seville
- A variety of options for culinary excursions in your ports of call
- Chance to enjoy excursions to the coastal towns of Lagos and Sagres, or a jeep tour through the mountains and villages of the Algarve
- Panoramic trip and visit to a wine cellar in Azeitão, for a tastin
26 Nov – 03 Dec 2022
Prices are per person based on two people sharing a cabin. Prices may be subject to change due to flight availability/pricing. Please call our Reservations Team on 01223 568907 for up to date pricing and availability. Single supplements vary depending on cabin category and date of travel, please call for details.
Cruises for other durations
We also offer a number of cruises on the Rhine and Danube for different durations from 4-13 days
Cruise Only Prices
We appreciate that you may want to make your own travel arrangements and can provide cruise only prices on request
City Hotel Stays
We can tailor-make any cruise itinerary with additional pre or post cruise hotels. Please enquire for our recommended hotels and prices.
- Return economy flights from London
- All meals on board
- Classic drinks package including wine, beer, cocktails and non-alcoholic drinks (Premium upgrade available at a supplement)
- Nightly onboard entertainment
- Guest speaker programme
- Baggage handling and port fees
- Full ATOL financial protection
- Overseas transfers
- Shore excursions
- Club/Premium Class Flight Upgrades (prices on request)
- Regional flight supplements