CAPE VERDE & AFRICA CRUISE SUMMARY
Situated between the Equator and the northern tropic, the contrasting landscapes and captivating destinations of the Cape Verde Islands are sure to inspire.
Get to know four of its most beautiful islands on this cruise, beginning with Santo Antão, where hiking paths lead along steep cliffs and through deep green valleys. Try some authentic “grogue” at a distillery, admire the rocky crags of Ribeira da Torre, or experience a thrilling jeep safari across the northwest side of the island.
On the sandy island of Sal, enjoy a salt-water bath in a disused salt mine, or take a day trip to the “Blue Eye” lava cave of Buracona, followed by the island’s capital city of Espargos and the salt flats of Pedra de Lume.
On Boa Vista, journey to the north of the island for the beached shipwreck of Cabo Santa Maria, or venture off-road through the Viana Desert to the stunning beach of Santa Monica, and the only city on the island, Sal Rei.
Santiago brings its own unique charms, from the old town of Cidade Velha to the capital city of Praia. Here you may visit the fortress of Real de São Filipe, or take a leisurely stroll around the weekly market filled with delicious local specialities.
Dakar and Banjul offer an exciting insight into the African way of life and the exotic animals of the continent. Visit the sacred crocodile pool and market of Gambia’s capital city, Banjul, or take a boat-ride into the sacred forest of Majasutu, for a hike through its rich diversity of flora and fauna.
The UNESCO World Heritage island of Kunta Kinteh is another option, then in Senegal, don’t miss the chance to experience a magical day of safari adventure across the enclosed habitat of the Bandia Nature Reserve, or visit the tiny, car-less island of Gorée.
17 Oct – 29 Oct 2022 / 22 Apr – 04 May 2023
Prices are per person based on two people sharing a cabin and are correct at the time of going to print, but may be subject to change. Cruise only options and single supplements are available on request. Tailor-made transfers can be booked at a supplement. Please call our Reservations Team for up to date pricing and availability.
For frequently asked questions please visit Nicko FAQs
- Cape Verde in depth, with a minimum of twelve hours on each of the four islands
- Santo Antão, Sal, Boa Vista, Santiago: unspoiled nature with lush vegetation and mile-long beaches
- Days at sea to relax and unwind
- World of wild animals in Africa: on safari in Dakar
- See the sacred crocodiles of Gambia in Banjul
- Return economy flights from London
- All meals on board
- Classic drinks package including wine, beer, cocktails and non-alcoholic drinks (Premium upgrade available at a supplement)
- Coffee machine
- Refillable premium drinks bottle
- Nightly onboard entertainment
- Guest speaker programme
- Baggage handling and port fees
- Full ATOL financial protection
- Overseas transfers
- Shore excursions
- Club/Premium Class Flight Upgrades (prices on request)
- Regional flight supplements